It is my pleasure to welcome all of you as president of the ASC!
After the very successful annual meeting which has been organised by my predecessor, Prof. Burkert Pieske, I would kindly invite you take an active part in preparation of the annual meeting 2014. This meeting will focus on "The patient between guidelines and daily practice".
Apart from the meeting there are several points that we have to concentrate on
- the new education and training for internal medicine
- raising awareness for cardiovascular disease and prevention
- aiding our young cardiologists
- continuing medical educatoin for cardiologists in private practice
- cooperation with the ESC by participating in projects and registries
- and creation of a new headquarter.
The ASC understands its mission in continuing researach and medical education to improve cardiovascular care in our patients.
Therefore, I am looking forward to a fruitful cooperation with all of you and whish you a very pleasant and recreative summer!